Monday, April 11, 2011

Ranting, Raving, Reflecting, Stumbleupon.

Just figured out where we will be going for our class trip at the end of the semester. We are going to the Badlands, which if you ask me looks like a pretty bitching trip. Now just to get all the stuff that I need.

I know I have complained about the scam that is known as college before, but with me getting ever closer to graduation it seems to continue to get worse and worse. Not to mention the fact that I couldn't really give much less of a damn about my senior project which is successfully sucking the life out of me and causing way more stress than it is worth. I am REALLY looking forward to finally getting that $35,000.00 or so diploma in my hand, and then having to pay for it with most of my spare money over the next several years.../sarcasm.

Changing subjects completely and rapidly, anyone who spends a lot of time on the internet out of pure boredom needs to become familiar with the joys of Stumbleupon. What you do is tell the application what kind of stuff you like looking at on the internet (yes, it even has a XXX option if you are willing to do some preference editing...), takes this information, and based on sites that other stumbleupon users have "liked" that share similar interests with you, and takes you to sites it believes you will like.

I know that paragraph turned into a grammatical nightmare at the end, but I gave up trying to make it sound/look right because it still delivers the point. Anyway, the application is very awesome and it is easy to kill countless hours hitting the little button. No, I don't typically have countless hours to spend on the internet, but on nights at work that are particularly boring, I do like to use it.

Speaking of nights I work, guess where I am at now? And guess what? It's boring, as usual. Been stumbling for about an hour now. It is only so interesting to sit alone behind all of the bowling machines and wait for one of them to simply mess up, break, completely kick the bucket, or just waiting for some impatient asshole who doesn't think his ball is coming back fast enough/lane isn't working fast enough. At first (almost 3 years ago) I liked this job because it gave me a lot of time to do homework or just surf the net, but I have spent so much time on the internet at this job that it is just boring to me anymore.

Well, that's all I can think of right now, might be back later, if not then I will shoot for sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment