Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Debt, Random things

Anyone that has me as a friend on facebook (Ill bitch about that later) may have noticed that yesterday I made a comment about how the debt of college goes against what most of us are taught. (Don't spend money you don't have). Well, this was a huge cause of stress for me which I believe I self resolved today/last night when i got up to figure it out at 4 in the morning. Basically, I have enough credit to my name that I can go into debt for a couple months starting right now, recover over the summer, go back into it a bit over the fall semester, then recover from that debt, the college debt, and anything else that comes out like a regular human. I'm not planning on much debt, actually planning on as little as possible because that is how I was raised, just enough so I don't have to live like a fucking hermit for half a year. Apparently this is the logical conclusion when you figure it all out and realize you are making below the poverty level even though your parents are helping you out and you are working a bit every week.

Facebook friends....ok, I understand that a facebook friend doesn't have to be an actual friend (how many of your friends on facebook would you see if you threw an "all my friends" party free of cost for them....if you say all of them, you are likely lying, but if it is true than more power to you) but if I would go through my facebook friends, which i have done before, I would realize that I am more willing to punch a few of them in the face rather than shake their hands and get a beer with them. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of friends which mean the world to me (I would do anything for Curt, Kansas, the Staley Twins, etc) but what does one certain person, who I will not name, mean to me? I basically caused his girlfriend to break up with him and we essentially hate each others guts. Last time I saw him in person was at a party, he looked at me with unhidden distaste for me, looked around, realized I had brought more of my big friends with me than him his, and ignored me.

I guess the ultimate point is that a facebook friendship feels nice and kind of makes your feel closure, but it doesn't mean shit.

Reality TV......If you have cable or dish, it seems like you can not change the channel without finding some kind of show that follows the jobs or lives of a certain group of people. To stress my point I am going to make a brief list. (Cake Boss, Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn, American Pickers, Ax Men, Swamp Loggers, Swamp People, Deadliest Catch, Gold Rush.....). Ill admit just as much as the next person that these shows are interesting, or at least that some of them are, but what I do not understand is what caused these shows to be so popular. American Chopper started out as show completely about building choppers, but now it is a show that is 10% about that and 90% drama. Most of these shows contain a large helping of drama, which leads me to believe that viewers are looking for entertainment that provides them with other people's shit to be interested in so they do not worry so much about their own shit.

Marijuana, Pot, Ganja, Reefer, Cannabis, Sweet Mary Jane..... First off, I do not smoke the stuff. I have seen it lead to heavier shit, cause people to not get hired, and just turn people into worthless piles of skunky smelling crap that I just do not have the desire to smoke it. Have I smoked it in the past? You bet your ass I have, my senior/junior years of highschool are basically just things that I know that I experience because I have a diploma. One of my good friends looked at me the other day and said "no matter how much you call me a pothead, I don't think i could ever touch what you were like in highschool..." and the bitch of it was I couldn't argue with him....at all. Proud of it? No, I am not at all proud of it.

This all does not mean that I take a negative stance on pot. Even though I have seen a lot of people crash and burn from it, to be honest they were the idiots of my group anyway. I have read a lot of articles that say that pot is very good for a person, and I think it is no worse than being drunk, and I also believe it is only illegal because it is a major money maker for our government.

Well, that's it for now. I am tired and have high hopes of having the first good night sleep in about a week. We shall see and I will be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment